Being a successful technical leader is not limited to your technical ability. Your success exceeds your knowledge to your leadership skills.
Now, that you have a team to manage, work with and defend on, you need to be aware of the techniques that will soften everybody's life, and of course make your career a successful one. This is something that's harder than you might think as a start. There is a lot to learn and several skills to master.
I have gathered a collection of resources for you to read. I highly recommend that you read them and apply them occasionally. Best if luck!
- The Five Skills You Will Need as a New Team Leader
- 8 Things Truly Outstanding Leaders Do Without Thinking
- Are You a Boss or a Leader?
- One Simple Tip for Making Good Decisions
- The Only 4 Dimensions That Matter In Hiring (& Why You’re Probably Evaluating Them Wrong)
- How to Evaluate Personal Characteristics When Hiring
- Are Your Motivations Aligned? Interviewing For a Mutual Fit
Very Recommended Resources